I moved to Vermont in 2004 and have lived in Bennington since then. Since moving here, I have gotten married, had two children, and planted my family’s roots here. From 2004 to 2012, I worked for the State Police as a Trooper. I left the State Police to attend law school.
While in law school I formed a consulting firm, which I still operate today, although my main focus is on my legal practice. The consulting firm is focused on tax consulting, business turnarounds & restructuring, and interim CFO services.
When I am not working, I am typically spending time with my family at home or at one of my boy’s sporting events.
Throughout law school my focus was on taxation and estate planning. I found this to be some of the most interesting, yet complex, areas of the law. I was selected as the recipient for two awards based on GPA for Estate Planning and Corporate Law and Taxation. I was humbled and proud to have received awards for the areas I cared about and enjoyed most.
I also earned rank of Eagle Scout from the Boy Scouts of America in 2001.
- Albany Law School – Union University, J.D.
- University of Massachusetts – Lowell – Graduate Level Certificate – Foundations of Business
- SUNY – Empire State College, B.S.
- Mount Wachusett Community College, A.S.
- New York
- U.S. Tax Court
- Bennington Museum, Board of Trustees
- Bennington Project Independence, Treasurer
- Bennington Chamber of Commerce, Director
- Shires Housing, Inc., Director
- Bennington Rotary Club, Member
- Shires Young Professionals, Member
- American Bar Association
- Vermont Bar Association
- Bennington County Bar Association, Vice President
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- National Association of Elder Law Attorneys (NAELA)
- Vermont Chapter of NAELA