Exempt organization and non-profits must maintain strict compliance with tax rules and regulations as well as state rules and regulations. The tax exemption is a privilege that can be revoked if they can’t stay within the clear operating bounds. If the tax exemption organization loses it’s exemption is can cause huge issues. It is extremely important to maintain compliance and avoid the exemption being revoked. We can help your non-profit maintain compliance with federal and state regulations.
Selected non-profit and exempt organization services:
- Establishing, reorganizing, or restructuring an exempt or non-profit organization;
- Applications for exemption from taxation by the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) under Section 501;
- Counsel regarding complying with restrictions on lobbying activities and responses to political investigations, audits, and complaints;
- Political Action Committee (PAC) creation, implementation, and compliance counsel;
- Counsel regarding additional business activities, maintaining exemption, and managing unrelated business income taxes (UBIT);
- Complying with private foundation rules;
- Counsel regarding raising revenue through diversification and joint ventures with businesses and other non-profits;
- Counsel regarding how to operate from a governance standpoint to ensure compliance.
If you are a non-profit or exempt organization or would like to form one and would like a FREE strategy session, call our office at (802) 442-9800 or schedule a session below.