No one like taxes. In addition to being an area of the law most don’t like, it is also quite complex and changing almost daily. Each day new tax cases come out and almost as often the IRS decides to move the goals posts again. To successfully practice in this area, you need to be interested in tax law and constantly learning. Luckily, we love it and it fits with our other practice areas.
Selected services in the Tax practice area:
- Tax Problems, Disputes, and Controversies – We represent clients when they aren’t in agreement with the taxing agency, IRS, State, or Local.
- IRS and State Audits and Examinations – We represent clients at the local, state, and federal level for tax audits and examinations.
- State and Local Tax (SALT) advice and planning
- Tax Planning and Advice – We help individuals and businesses plan and create strategies to minimize taxes and understand their tax burden
- We help with mergers and acquisitions, spin-offs, reorganizations, and other business transactions
- We help with real estate owners and investors with tax minimization
- We work with pass through entities such as partnerships, group planning, and investors on tax minimization strategies.
- Tax Preparation – We prepare individual, fiduciary, trust, gift, corporation, s-corporation, non-profit and other exempt organizations, and partnership returns.
- We consult and advise on Tax policy and legislation
- We assist with tax structuring of the following
- Closely held businesses
- Partnerships and Joint Ventures
- Business Succession
- Independent Contractor disputes
- Partnerships, LLCs, LLPs, LPs, and S-Corporations
- US Federal Tax Matters
- State and Local Tax Matters
If you have a questions about a tax matter or would like a FREE strategy session, please call our office at (802) 442-9800 or schedule a strategy session below.