Losing a loved one can be difficult and overwhelming, and it can be hard to know where to start. We advise and assist with as much of the estate administration process as you desire.
We provide advise and counsel to family members, executors or fiduciaries of the estate, and professionals that are acting as personal representatives (executors). We represent beneficiaries of an estate as well.
Although we act as legal advisors to fiduciaries and beneficiaries of estates, we also act as personal representatives of estates. In this capacity we are the executor executing the wishes of the deceased loved one.
Our Estate Administration services include:
- Advising executors, personal representatives, and fiduciaries on their duties and obligations;
- Navigating the probate process; including opening the estate, obtaining the license to sell property when needed, preparing the probate inventory and accounts, and closing the estate;
- Handling debts and expenses of the estate
- Managing the estate assets, including real estate and business interests, during the estate administration process
- Post-death tax planning; including the use of disclaimers
- Preparing or reviewing individual and fiduciary tax returns
- Ensuring the estate assets are properly distributed; including retirement benefits and funding pour over trusts in a tax efficient manner and in accordance with the estate plan
- Preparing federal and state estate tax returns
- Representing fiduciaries in estate tax audits with taxing authorities
If you have questions or would like to schedule a FREE strategy session to discuss the Probate process and how we can help, call us at (802) 442-9800 or schedule an appointment below.