We help clients create plans to protect and pass their assets as desired. We work very closely with our clients to understand their goals to ensure the plan reflects the realities of their goals and wishes as well as the spirit of the goals. To accomplish the goals of the estate plan, it typically requires the use of a will and advance directives and, depending on the size of the estate and the goals, trusts. We endeavor to minimize taxes while ensuring goals are met.
Our approach to estate planning is holistic and we work with your other advisors, such as financial planners and accountants, to ensure we develop a seamless plan.
Selected services in this practice area:
- Preparation of wills and trusts
- Preparation of health care proxies, living wills, advanced directives and durable power of attorney
- Integration of long-term care planning, including Medicaid planning, into the estate plan.
- Advice on estate, gift, and income tax consequences of estate plan
- Serving as trustee and providing trust and estate administration services
- Family-owned business succession planning
- Estate planning advice in connection with merger, acquisition, or other restructuring
- Creation of private foundations
- Draft irrevocable life insurance trusts (ILIT), qualified personal residence trusts (QPRT), charitable trusts, and other trusts appropriate for the client’s situation.
- Preparing special needs trusts
- Creation of Family Limited Partnerships (FLP), Limited Liability Companies (LLC), joint ventures, and property holding vehicles for more tax-efficient gifting.