Exempt organizations and non-profits must maintain strict compliance with tax rules to avoid losing the tax exemption. If the tax exempt organization loses it exemption, what is the use of it? It is extremely important to maintain compliance and avoid the exemption being revoked. I can help your non-profit ensure compliance with Federal and Vermont regulations.
Selected services in this practice area:
- Establishing, reorganizing, or restructuring an exempt or non-profit organization
- Applications for exemption from Internal Revenue Service (IRS) Section 501
- Counsel regarding complying with restrictions on lobbying activities and responses to political investigations, audits, and complaints.
- Political Action Committee (PAC)creation, implementation, and compliance counsel.
- Counsel regarding additional business activities, maintaining exemption, and managing Unrelated Business Income Tax (UBIT).
- Complying with Private Foundation rules
- Counsel regarding raising revenue through diversification and joint ventures with businesses and other non-profits.
- Counsel regarding how to operate in from a governance standpoint to ensure compliance.