To attract quality employees and executives, attractive compensation and benefits are needed. We represent employees and employers in negotiations over compensation packages. We work with clients to create the proposed packages while reviewing and accounting for potential tax burdens. An important aspect of this planning and design is determining what earnings or income is deferred, when items are taxable and how they are taxable, and ensuring that all items are compliant with ERISA regulations.
Selected services in this practice area:
- Design and implementation of compensation plans
- Equity and Incentive Compensation plans
- Non-Qualified Deferred Compensation
- Advise on 162(m) tax deduction, 409A deferred compensation, and 280G parachute payment issues
- ERISA compliance and disputes
- Health and welfare plans
- Compliance with ACA and HIPAA
- Retiree Medical Benefits and COBRA
- Retirement Benefits
- ESOP (Employee Stock Ownership Plans)
- Retirement Plans
- Pension Plans
- Representing executives or businesses negotiating and structuring executive employment, non-competition, severance, and change in control agreements.